Can You Transfer Graduate Credits?

  • Last Post 17 January 2012
lindalee033 posted this 17 January 2012 - Last edited 15 March 2016

i earned a master in clinical social work & master in special education specializing in early childhood, from columbia university & bank street college of education in 1998, have been a stay-at-home mom since 2005.. interested in pursuing a career in pyschology.. ARE ANY OF MY CREDITS TRANSFERRABLE? HOW DO I FIND AN ACCREDITED ONLINE DEGREE?

VickyPhillips posted this 17 January 2012 - Last edited 15 March 2016

Hi Linda,

I assume you are looking for an online masters in psychology. If so, click the link above and you'll get a list of 69 options (all screened and accredited) to consider in that broad career area.

Get Educated also has a quick ranking list of the most affordable online degrees in psychology / human services for you to scan.

In general, very few credits from masters degrees can be transferred to other masters degrees. This is bcs the masters is by definition very specialized -- both education and social work are very specialized. If you want a psych masters that meets state licensing requirements for counseling that makes it harder to transfer any old credits from other masters degrees.

Tell us more about the type of masters in psych you seek and your career plans and we can maybe help direct you.

All the best

Vicky Phillips